Rice University has developed Rice Alert to effectively communicate emergency information through multiple channels. Rice Alert uses the following channels:
- Text messaging to mobile phones via Rice Alert, as designated by you in ESTHER
- Emails via Rice Alert, as designated by you in ESTHER
- Rice University website updates found at emergency.rice.edu
- Everbridge app for iOS and Android
- Outdoor warning system (sirens)
All faculty, staff, and students should log in and sign up for Rice Alert through the ESTHER system by clicking "Rice Alert" on the Personal Information tab.
Rice Alerts uses the Everbridge platform. Everbridge has a mobile APP that supports the reciept of Rice Alert as well as additional safety applications. To learn more about the APP, download the information listed below: