Rice University has developed Rice Alert to effectively communicate emergency information through multiple channels. Rice Alert uses the following channels:
- Text messaging to mobile phones via Rice Alert, as designated by you in imagineOne (for faculty and staff), or as designated by you in ESTHER (for students)
- Emails via Rice Alert, as designated by you imagineOne (for faculty and staff), or as designated by you in ESTHER (for students)
- Rice University website updates found at emergency.rice.edu
- Everbridge app for iOS and Android
- Outdoor warning system (sirens)
All faculty, staff, and students should log in and sign up for Rice Alerts following the information provided above.
Rice Alerts uses the Everbridge platform. Everbridge has a mobile APP that supports the receipt of Rice Alert as well as additional safety applications. To learn more about the APP, download the information listed below: