Our mission is to provide for the Rice community before, during, and after a crisis.
We envision a campus community that stands ready to respond, recover, and thrive as an institution of education.
Our multiyear strategic plan is as follows:
- Establish a standard of coordinated preparedness, prevention, response and recovery by developing:
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) and Annexes
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Recovery Plan
- Increase response and recovery capabilities through training and exercise
- Maintain inclusion in planning and response
- Develop and maintain a continual improvement process after each event or incident response
- Document actions taken and capabilities built
- Maintain a comprehensive emergency management program