Civil Disturbance

What to Do

  • Avoid provoking or obstructing threatening individuals.
  • Leave the area of disturbance.
  • Call RUPD at 713-348-6000.
  • Avoid the disturbance and secure your safe area by locking doors and securing important belongings.
  • If the disturbance is outside, stay inside, draw your blinds, and stay away from doors and windows.

How to Prepare

  • If you are planning a demonstration on campus:
    • Make sure to review safety procedures in case the situation becomes violent and/or disruptive.
    • Encourage others to support the peaceful expression of speech.
    • Coordinate with RUPD, REMS, and Emergency Management personnel.