The Rice University and Texas Medical Center Flood Alert System provides localized flood warnings and forecasts for the Rice University / TMC area.
What to Do
- Seek shelter on high ground.
- Don't walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters. TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN!
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Stay inside if your car is trapped in fast-moving floodwater. If water is rising in the vehicle, go onto the vehicle's roof.
- If trapped in a building, go to its highest level (avoid closed attics). Go onto the roof only if necessary.
How to Prepare
- Make sure Wireless Emergency Alerts are turned on in the settings of your mobile device. They are on by default on Apple and Android devices.
- Other email and SMS weather alert services
- FEMA Flood Info
How to Recover
- Do not use wet electrical equipment or while standing in water to avoid electric shock.
- Do not wade in floodwater which can contain contaminants.