What to Do
- Report Rice IT systems failure or security incidents.
How to Prepare
- Rice OIT Best Computing Practices
- FBI Cyber Crime
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication.
- When in doubt, don't click on suspicious links or provide personal information.
- Use encrypted internet communications and encrypt your device/data.
- Store and share your data securely.
- Protect your home WiFi network.
How to Recover
- After a cyberattack, evaluate what was stolen and file reports with your local and federal agencies.
- Report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission.