Campus traffic will be significantly impacted by former President Barack Obama's attendance at the Baker Institute's 25th anniversary gala Tuesday, Nov. 27.
The following areas of campus will be affected from 4 to 10 p.m.:
- Alumni Drive will be closed to regular vehicle traffic from Entrance 4 (Main Street) to Entrance 20 (Rice Boulevard).
- College Way/Loop Road will be closed to regular vehicle traffic from Tudor Fieldhouse to Lovett Hall.
- Entrance 2 (Main Street) will be closed.
- The Rice shuttle bus will be re-routed to avoid road closures. Shuttle stops along Loop Road and Alumni Drive will be closed.
- The North Lot and North Lot Annex will be closed by 4 p.m. to cars entering the lot to provide parking for the event.
Please see the attached map for details on the road closures to assist in finding alternative travel arrangements. If you are on campus during these times, please plan accordingly.
RUPD police officers will be stationed at the intersections of Alumni Drive at Lab Road and Alumni Drive at College during the closure to facilitate safe travel of pedestrians and vehicles. During the event, no-parking rules on College Way and Lab Road will be strictly enforced.
Due to heightened security measures, the area around James A. Baker III Hall, Jamail Plaza and the Turrell Skyspace will also be closed from 4 to 10 p.m.
Rice shuttle routes will be adjusted to provide service during the road closures. A revised shuttle map is attached. Additional shuttle information will be posted at http://www.rice.ridesystems.net/
- Campus Road Closure (pdf) - http://bit.ly/2TQOZSI
- Rice Shuttle Reroute (pdf) - http://bit.ly/2RiFn1A
Vice President for Administration